Prep time:Plus 2 hrs chilling time
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Our classic Easter nests recipe is a must. Bring back memories mixing Shredded Wheat or Cornflakes with melted chocolate with this easy no-bake recipe. Easter nests are a classic treat for spring and the best thing about them is just how easy they are to make. Perfect for making with kids, all you need to do is melt a little chocolate and stir through a few ingredients and leave to set - simple! To make it even easier, we've created a step-by-step video guide for making perfect Easter nests - now all you have to do is decide what you'll put in the middle of the nests! This recipe makes 12 nests and will take around 15 mins to make plus chilling time. The kids are going to love making these tasty treats for Easter this year.
Don't like Shredded Wheat? Just substitute it for cornflakes or Rice Krispies instead
IngredientsFor your Ester nests you will need::
- 100g Shredded Wheat
- 250g milk chocolate
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 75g butter, softened
- 1 x 100g bag of Mini Eggs
- Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper cases.
- Melt the milk chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a small glass bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir regularly with a wooden spoon until the mixture is completely melted and glossy with no lumps.
- Break up the Shredded Wheat into small pieces in a large bowl using your hands.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl with the Shredded Wheat and mix with the wooden spoon until all the Shredded Wheat is covered in the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the 12 cases, dividing evenly. Use your index finger to create a well in the centre of each nest. Add a few Mini Eggs to each nest.
- Leave to cool and in the fridge for 2 hrs.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.