Easter rocky road with Mini Eggs
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
Combine the classic rocky road recipe with Mini Eggs for the ultimate quick and easy Easter rocky road treat. With this fun makeover, you can make a delicious Easter rocky road with no fuss in just 20mins, mixing milk chocolate, Mini Eggs, pieces of fudge and more naughty sweet treats. Because it’s such an easy no-bake recipe, you can easily attempt to make this Easter rocky road with the kids – we bet they’ll love sneaking a few cheeky mini marshmallows when you’re not looking! To make it even more fun, tell them to pick their favourite chocolates, or better yet, use up any leftover Easter eggs! Making this Easter rocky road with mini-eggs is also a very cheap way to treat everyone, and maybe save a couple of pounds in buying the treats you get at the supermarket.
Use sultanas, rather than raisins in this recipe - they are much juicier!
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 390g milk chocolate
- 75g butter
- 5tbsp golden syrup
- 200g shortbread
- 50g chocolate mini eggs
- 125g fudge
- 100g mini pink and white marshmallows
For the topping:
- 150g milk chocolate
- 50g Mini Eggs
- 15g butter
- 50g fudge
- Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm tin with baking parchment. Put the chocolate, butter and golden syrup into a bowl, resting over a pan of simmering water and heat until melted.
- Meanwhile, put the shortbread into a large plastic bag, tie a knot to secure and bash with a rolling pan, to crush. Put 50g Mini Eggs in a plastic bag and bash to crush. Cut the fudge into small pieces with scissors.
- Take the chocolate off the heat, tip in the biscuits, Mini Eggs, fudge and marshmallows. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Tip into the prepared tin and chill.
- For the topping: Melt the milk chocolate with the butter. Pour over the chilled rocky road mixture, to cover. Scatter over the fudge and Mini Eggs, then chill until set or ready to serve. Cut into 16 even squares.
Why not try our classic rocky recipe too?
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.