Strawberry and macadamia blondies
Makes: 16 squares
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Blondies are like brownies, they're just made with white chocolate instead! Try adding juicy strawberries and creamy macadamia nuts for extra sweetness and bite
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 100g light Muscovado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 130g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 120g strawberries chopped
- 100g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Great as a dessert served with a scoop of ice cream or cut small served with coffee. Eat within a day or two of cooking
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Line a baking tin (approx 22cm square) with greaseproof paper.
- In a pan, melt the butter and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until the white solids start to turn golden. Pour into a cold bowl then add half of the white chocolate and stir until melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they are thick and golden. Tip in the flour, a pinch of salt and the melted white chocolate mixture and fold in with a spatula until smooth.
- Tip in the strawberries, nuts and remaining white chocolate and stir briefly. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- The blondies are done when they have a light golden crust but are still a little squidgy inside. Allow to cool in the tin then cut into squares.