To celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee on June 5th 2012, we're on the hunt for Britain's best Jubilee baker. Simply make and decorate your own original cake inspired by the Jubilee and email a picture of your creation and the recipe to us at email@example.com.
Your Jubilee-inspired cakes and bakes will be judged by our expert panel: TV chef Gino D'Acampo, celebrity baker Ruth Clemens, goodtoknow Recipes magazine editor Matt Davis and goodtoknow's cupcake queen, Victoria Threader.
The judges will be looking for both a delicious and original recipe and the most beautiful and imaginative design and decorations. Your cake could be inspired by street parties, traditional British baking, the Queen, diamonds or anything to do with the Jubilee.
The winner and their recipe will star in goodtoknow Recipes magazine, get the chance to meet our judges and also win a state-of-the-art Baumatic BCD920 Dual Fuel Range Cooker worth over £1200! Available in burgundy, black, ivory or stainless steel, this AA energy-rated model comes with a versatile five burner gas hob, and main oven with six cooking features, including a pre-programmer that sets the time you want the oven to come on! One runner-up will win a Baumatic BCE520 Twin Cavity Electric Cooker, from the brand new collection of Retro Style Mini Cookers, in either red, black or silver. For more on Baumatic, visit www.facebook.com/baumatic.uk
Meet the judges
TV chef and regular on This Morning and author of 5 cookbooks including Italian Home Baking (£18.99; Kyle Books). Find out about Gino's new afforadable Italian wine at www.ginovino.co.uk
Great British Bake Off finalist, writer of blog The Pink Whisk and author of The Busy Girls' Guide to Cake Decorating (£14.99; David and Charles) www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk
Editor of goodtoknow Recipes magazine
goodtoknow's very own cupcake queen. Facebook.com/VictoriousCupcakes
Terms and conditions
- There is one first prize is a Baumatic BCD920 Dual fuel Range Cooker. There is one runner up prize of a Baumatic BCE520 Twin Cavity Electric Cooker.
- To enter this competition you must have made and decorated your own original cake inspired by the Jubilee and emailed a picture of it and the recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date is Midnight on the 25th May 2012.
- The winner and runner up will be chosen by the panel of judges after the closing date stated.
- The decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The winner and runner up must be able to travel to London on 1st June 2012. Travel expenses will be paid.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of IPC Media, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- The sponsor is Baumatic
- The Promoter is IPC Media Limited, Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0SU.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is(are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers' terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by IPC relating to any post-winning publicity.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing to allow goodtoknow and IPC Media the rights to publish your cake image and name online at goodtoknow.co.uk or within the goodtoknow Recipes Magazine
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material, the details of the promotional material shall prevail.
- A list of winners will be available by writing into the publisher of the magazine or website at the Promoter's address no earlier than six weeks (unless otherwise stated) after the close of the competition. Only the surname and county of the winners will be disclosed.