Sweet potato and chickpea balti
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tbsp balti paste, or more if you like it spicy
- 500g (1lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 125g (4 oz) frozen spinach chunks
- Naan breads or rice, to serve
You can add chicken to this dinner to make it a little meatier
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry 3-4 mins. Stir in the balti paste and sweet potato chunks and cook for a couple of mins.
- Add the tomatoes, 300ml (½ pint) hot water and the chickpeas. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10-15 mins. Check the seasoning.
- Microwave the frozen spinach for a few mins and spoon on top of the balti (or add to the balti for the last 5 mins of cooking). Spoon curry into bowls. Serve with hot naan bread or rice.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 635(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.