White chocolate rabbit
IngredientsFor this Easter recipe you will need:
- 300g packet white chocolate-flavour cake covering
- Bunny mould (2 sides)
- Baking sheet
- Cotton, latex or vinyl gloves
- Ribbon, to tie around neck
We used chocolate-flavour cake covering to make these decorations, which just needs melting and then it's ready to use. If you use real chocolate it will need tempering first.
- Melt the chocolate-flavour cake covering in a microwave or over a pan of hot water. Spoon some into each half of the bunny mould and keep rotating the moulds, turning them so that the chocolate coats the sides. Tip out excess chocolate and scrape the top edge clean, using a palette knife, and then put the moulds in the fridge for a few minutes. Keep the chocolate in the bowl melted.
- Remove the chocolate-coated moulds from the fridge and repeat the process of spooning in some chocolate, rotating the moulds, pouring out excess chocolate and chilling the moulds, until all the chocolate is used. Chill the chocolate in the moulds until they’re firm.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up (the temperature isn’t important).
- Remove the chocolate moulds from the fridge and turn them upside down on a board. Gently ease out the chocolate shapes. Take the hot baking sheet out of the oven.
- Wearing the gloves and holding the chocolate shapes for as short a time as possible, take the 2 rabbit halves and hold each one briefly against the hot baking sheet, moving them around in circles, then press the 2 halves together. Make sure that the joins are level at the base, so that the rabbit will stand. Leave it in a cool place to fully set.
- Tie the ribbon around the rabbit’s neck into a bow.
Nutritional information per recipe
- Calories 1650(kcal)
- Fat 98.0g
- Saturates 78.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.