Rosemary Conley's chicken enchiladas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious, easy chicken enchiladas from Rosemary Conley are quick and easy and the whole family will love them. The perfect Friday night dinner! This recipe serves 4 people and will take only 55 mins to prepare and cook. At only 234 calories, this classic Mexican dish is sure to become a family favourite. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving. This delicious one-pot bake would be perfect served with guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Refried beans make an extra side for this dish too! If you want to make these enchiladas to be vegetarian friendly, remove the chicken and replace with kidney beans. These low-cal chicken enchiladas are ideal if you're trying to be good too!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 200g cooked chicken, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp fajita spice mix
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 206 low-fat cheese
Try making your very own guacamole to go with these
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Preheat a non-stick pan and dry-fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms, chicken, spices and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then divide between the tortillas, spreading it evenly over the centre of each one. Roll up the tortillas and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Spread the sour cream over the top and grate the cheese over. Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with the parsley before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 234(kcal)
- Fat 5.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.