Prep time:(plus marinating time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your chicken a nice burst of flavour by creating a simple Moroccan-style rub, the combination of cinnamon, cumin and chilli with a dash of creamy lemon yogurt will really bring your mealtimes alive
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 450ml lemon curd yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground chilli
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 preserved lemons, quartered and pips removed
- 100g pitted olives
- 100ml chicken stock
- Handful coriander leaves
Can't find lemon curd yogurt? Try using natural yogurt and the rind of a lemon
- Make a few slits in the chicken pieces and place into a large dish/tin.
- Mix together the yogurt, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, chilli and salt and pour over the chicken, coating well. Leave to marinade for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 and place the chicken pieces into a roasting tin with the preserved lemons. Roast for 40 minutes, add the olives to the tin and then continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes (test the chicken with a sharp knife, if the juices run clear it is cooked).
- Place the chicken, lemons and olives onto a serving plate, place the tin onto the hob with the chicken stock and let the juices bubble for 3-4 minutes, scraping the cooked juices from the pan for extra flavour. Pour over the chicken and scatter over the coriander.
- Serve with couscous and roasted vegetables