Holly Bell's chocolate orange spiced fudge
Total time:(plus chilling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Whip up this quick and easy fudge in just 15 mins. Leave to chill and decorate with seasonal treats - chocolate eggs would make this the perfect Easter treat
- 200g marshmallows
- 70g butter, cut into cubes the size of a thumb nail
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest of one orange (without pith)
- 100g crimson raisins
- 40g crystalised ginger chopped
- Small sugar eggs to decorate (optional)
This recipe is easy to make as it uses marshmallows rather than sugar so you don't have to worry about using a sugar thermometer
- Place the marshmallows, butter, dark chocolate, ground cinnamon and orange zest into a saucepan. Heat on a low hob until completely dissolved, stirring regularly. Donít be tempted to hurry it by turning up the heat Ė the chocolate will burn!
- Remove from the heat and add the raisins and ginger, stir well and pour into a tin (approx. 24cm x 24cm) lined with greaseproof paper. Push small sugar eggs into the top if you wish then refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into squares and serve!