Roasted red onion and cheese toast topper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Red Leicester cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices bloomer bread, toasted
- Tomato chutney, optional
Add a dash of balsamic vinegar to the onions for a touch of extra sweetness
- Spread the red onion slices on a foil-lined grill pan, drizzle with the olive oil and cook under a medium grill for 5 mins, turning occasionally until softened and starting to char at the edges.
- Spoon the onion and any juices onto the toasted bread, top with slices of Red Leicester cheese and put back under the grill to melt the cheese.
- Top with tomato chutney, if you like.