Smoky beans with bacon on toast
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 400g can baked beans
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch chilli powder
- 2 slices ciabatta bread or sourdough bread, toasted
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
Top these tasty beans and bacon with a fried or poached egg for a more substantial meal
- Fry the bacon in a frying pan until crispy (there's no need to add any fat to the pan as enough will come out of the bacon), then remove it from the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes over a medium heat to soften the onion.
- Stir in the baked beans, sugar, mustard, paprika, cumin and chilli and heat through.
- Spoon the beans onto the hot toast, top with the bacon and sprinkle with chopped parsley, to garnish.