Mustardy chicken toasts
- 15g butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon plain flour
- 150ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 150g cooked chicken, shredded
- 2-3 slices ciabatta, toasted
- A few lightly cooked asparagus tips
Don't have asparagus? Top with a handful of baby spinach leaves or lightly cooked broccoli florets
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the flour then gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the creme fraiche, mustard and chicken and heat through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the toast and scatter a few asparagus tips on top, serve immediately.