Gypsy toast with rosy fruits
- 100g frozen summer fruits
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- Knob of butter
- 4 slices of brioche
- Mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
Top the gypsy toast with peach or mango slices fried in a little butter, for a change
- Gently heat the frozen summer fruits in a pan until warmed through. Add the caster sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Beat the egg and cream together in a shallow dish.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan. Dip the slices of brioche in the egg mix, add to the pan and fry for a few minutes, turning once, until golden. Top with the fruits and a few small mint leaves.