Gennaro Contaldo's warm mini chocolate puddings
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Two Greedy Italians star Gennaro Contaldo's warm mini chocolate puddings are the perfect decadent treat. Gennaro has created the perfect mini chocolate pudding with a smooth, creamy centre, they'll put a smile on everyone's face.
- 250g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into small chunks
- 125g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 4 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 6 egg whites
Gennaro says: 'The puddings are best eaten straight away, however you can always heat them up from cold for a few seconds in the microwave or in a hot oven instead if necessary.'
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Lightly grease 6 x 6cm ramekin dishes with butter.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg yolks with 30g of the sugar until creamy. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter.
- In another clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar and a pinch of salt until stiff. Fold into the chocolate mixture until well amalgamated.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekin dishes and bake in the oven for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, tip the puddings out onto individual plates or leave in the ramekin dishes and serve immediately.