Zesty garlic lamb cutlets
Prep time:(plus marinating time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Give your lamb a real burst of flavour by coating it with a zesty garlic lamb marinade. The mix of garlic, limes, orange and cumin will bring your taste buds alive!
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or 4 lamb loin chops
- 60ml olive or vegetable oil
- Grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lime
- 10ml ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml hot pepper sauce
For that extra special Latin effect try adding 30ml/2tbsp Tequilla to the marinade
- To prepare the marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix add all the ingredients together. Place the cutlets or chops in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or if time allows overnight.
- Remove the cutlets or chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small pan until piping hot and pour over the chops before serving.
- Serve the lamb with the quinoa and sugar snap pea salad.