- 1kg fresh mussels, cleaned
- 15g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml dry white wine
- 150ml carton double cream
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
Garnish with coriander and chopped fresh chillies for a bit of heat
- Rinse the mussels well to remove any grit.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the garlic and shallots. Cook them for a few mins over a low heat to soften. Pour the wine into the pan and bring to the boil, then add the mussels. Cover the pan and cook over a med heat for 3-4 mins, shaking the pan occasionally, but without removing the lid so that the mussels steam in the pan.
- Remove the lid and check that the mussels have opened, then stir in the cream, black pepper and most of the parsley and heat through. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 626(kcal)
- Fat 50.0g
- Saturates 29.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.