Crispy oaty mackerel fillets
- 50g jumbo porridge oats
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 4 mackerel fillets
- 1 med egg, beaten
- 30g butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
If you do not have jumbo porridge oats, use ordinary ones or breadcrumbs.
- Tip the oats on to a plate and season them with salt and pepper, then stir in the chopped parsley.
- Dip each fish fillet into the beaten egg and then coat with the porridge oats.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan and when hot, add the mackerel to the pan, cooking for 2-3 mins on each side, or until crisp all over.
- Remove the mackerel fillets from the pan and drain them on absorbent kitchen paper. Serve immediately with lemon wedges to squeeze the juice over the fish.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 653(kcal)
- Fat 47.0g
- Saturates 14.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.