Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A delicious twist on a classic Spanish dish, this easy asparagus tortilla is great for a quick and easy family meal and thanks to the asparagus, it's healthy too!
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 1 courgette thinly sliced
- 15g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 200g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 6 medium eggs, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
Have you got some meat eaters in your family? Well why not add some chicken or ham to the dish for added flavour!
- Plunge the asparagus into boiling salted water, bring back to the boil then cook for 2-3 minutes, drain then plunge into ice water.
- In a non-stick pan fry the sliced courgettes in the butter then add the garlic and cook over a medium heat for around 6-7 minutes until almost sticky.
- Parboil the potatoes and cut in to cubes, then add the potatoes and the onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- Place the asparagus into the pan then add the seasoned beaten eggs. When the eggs have just set around the edges, transfer to a pre-heated oven set at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for around 6-8 minutes.
- When cooked turn out onto a plate. Cut the tortilla into slices then serve with some dressed salad leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 255(kcal)
- Fat 13.7g
- Saturates 4.8g
- Sugars 3.2g
- Salt 0.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.