Blackcurrant bircher muesli
Prep time:plus overnight soaking
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Start your day off on a high with this energising and tasty oat, fruit and nut combo. The perfect breakfast recipe for a summers morning, experiment with different flavoured yogurts for new tastes
- 150g porridge oats
- 200ml water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g fat-free blackcurrant yogurt
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 apple, grated
- 30g blackberries or blueberries
- 20g strawberries
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
Did you know that oats contain Vitamin B, along with minerals such as zinc, magnesium, iron and calcium? Result!
- Mix the oats, water and lemon juice in a large bowl and stir well. Cover and leave to soak in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to eat and serve the bircher muesli, simply combine and stir in the yogurt, desiccated coconut and grated apple.
- Transfer the muesli to serving bowls and scatter over the fruit; blackberries, strawberries and blueberries (or fruit of your choice). Drizzle with honey and scatter with flaked almonds.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 395(kcal)
- Fat 8.3g
- Saturates 8.5g
- Sugars 18.5g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.