Greek salad with honey and mint dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give your usual Greek salad a burst of flavour by topping with a creamy honey and mint dressing. Warm pitta breads are the only side you need for this light dinner option
- ½ cucumber, seeds removed, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g black Kalamata olives
- 180g feta cheese, cubed
- 4tbsp Greek-style honey yogurt
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Pitta breads
Substitute the pitta bread for croutons, to give your salad an extra crunch.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the yogurt.
- In another small bowl take the yogurt, mint, oil and pepper and mix well. Pour over the salad ingredients and toss together. Serve immediately with warm pitta breads.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 819(kcal)
- Fat 59.3g
- Saturates 20.3g
- Sugars 17.9g
- Salt 2.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.