Mini strawberry mousses
Cooking time:(plus 4 hours chilling)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Light and creamy, these mini strawberry mousses are the perfect light bite after a big meal. Whip up these puds in next to no time and leave to chill
- 625g strawberries
- 3 limes, grated rind only
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 250ml double cream
- 250g low-fat natural yogurt
- Extra small strawberries to decorate
Try this recipe with raspberries for a different flavour
- Puree 225g of the strawberries then press through a sieve and reserve for decoration. Puree the remaining strawberries, sieve then mix the puree with the lime rind and honey.
- Add the water to a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over the water so that the water absorbs all the powder. Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Heat the bowl in a small saucepan of simmering water until it is a clear liquid.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft swirls. Fold in the yogurt, pureed strawberry and lime mix then the gelatine in a thin trickle. Pour into 8, 120ml small liqueur glasses or coffee cups. Chill for 3-4 hours or until the mousses have set.
- To serve, stir the reserved strawberry puree then pour a little over the top of each mousse. Decorate with tiny strawberries.