Quick Thai green dip
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 100g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp frozen Thai herb mix
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- Dash of Thai fish or soy sauce
- Good squeeze of lime juice, optional
- Handful of fresh coriander (or mint) leaves, optional
- Young carrots, radishes, cauliflower florets, and pepper strips
- Pitta bread, toasted
If you donít have frozen Thai herbs, you can use Thai green curry paste instead.
- Bring 200ml water to the boil in a pan. Add the beans, peas, spring onions and herbs, half cover with a lid and simmer for 5-8 mins, until tender. With a stick blender, purée the vegetables, herbs and liquid in the pan, adding the oil and fish or soy sauce, plus lime juice and coriander or mint, if using, to taste.
- Serve with the fresh veg and pitta bread, for dipping.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 51(kcal)
- Fat 2.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.