Fay Ripley's fruit cake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
TV fave Fay Ripley made this easy fruit cake for Marie Cure Cancer Care's Blooming Great Tea Party. Ready in under an hour, it's a great last-minute bake
- 100g dried apricots
- 100g sultanas
- 70g pecans
- 200g butter
- 160g golden caster sugar (with a little extra for dusting)
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 orange, zest and juice
See how to throw your own Blooming Great Tea Party to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
- Whizz or chop apricots, sultanas and pecans a little, into a mincemeat.
- Cream the butter and sugar till fluffy then beat in eggs one at a time (with a little of the flour)
- Fold in gently, the rest of the flour then everything else.
- Plop into a 20cm (ish) lined cake tin, smooth the top.
- Bake until firm and golden for about 45 mins and dust in the tin with extra sugar