Creamy coronation chicken
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Made using soft cheese rather than the traditional mayonnaise, this creamy coronation chicken is the perfect dish if you're planning a Jubilee party - everyone loves it and it's quick to make, perfect!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tsp curry powder (medium strength)
- 100g low-fat soft cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- Rice and broccoli, to serve
If you haven't got any curry powder then you can use curry paste instead
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for approx. 5 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned (juices will run clear when tested with a sharp knife).
- Reduce the heat and add the curry powder, cook for 1 minute then add the soft cheese, milk and mango chutney - stir until the cheese melts and forms a creamy sauce and it is warmed all the way through.
- Serve with rice and broccoli.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 515(kcal)
- Fat 11.6g
- Saturates 5.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.