Mini Victoria sponges
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These mini Victoria sponges are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Delicious and quick to make - what's not to love? These individual Victoria sponges take around 35 mins to prepare and cook. You can make 12-14 delicious cakes with this recipe. Fill each of your mini sponges with sweet strawberry jam and a generous spoonful of whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar before serving. These mini Victoria sponge cakes are ideal for kids parties or afternoon tea gatherings with friends and family.
- 225g baking liquid or softened margarine
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, medium
- 225g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons jam
- 150ml whipping cream, whipped
- Caster or Icing sugar, to dredge
Make your own strawberry jam for the filling
- Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until smooth.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the mix in 12 muffins cases. Bake in the centre of the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes. Turn out, remove paper and cool on wire tray. When cold remove the cakes from the cases and cut in half horizontally.
- Fill with the jam and whipped cream and a dusting of icing sugar.
Fancy making a classic Victoria sponge? Try our easy Victoria sponge recipe
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 351(kcal)
- Fat 19.9g
- Saturates 5.4g
- Sugars 26.1g
- Salt 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.