BBQ tandoori chicken
Prep time:(plus marinating time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Spice up your BBQ chicken by making this flavoursome marinade. Quick and easy, the blend of cumin, coriander, turmeric and chilli will certainly go down well with your guests. This delicious BBQ tandoori chicken takes only 35 mins to whip up, plus marinating time. This recipe serves 4 people and is perfect in the summer months. Serve your BBQ chicken in buns with coleslaw and freshly prepared salad for a BBQ feast to remember. The rich tomato based marinade, sticky soy, chilli flakes and garlic work wonders together along with the tender chicken. You could try this marinade on other meats too like lamb or beef.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This tandoori marinade works equally well with turkey steaks or chicken pieces with the skin removed
- Season the chicken on both sides and place in a small, non-stick roasting tin.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and then spread the mixture over the chicken. Cover with clear food wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- Place the marinated chicken on a preheated barbecue and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning regularly.
- Slice open the thickest piece of chicken to check that it is cooked through to the centre. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 201(kcal)
- Fat 3.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.