Easy halloumi kebabs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Nothing says summer better than a traditional British BBQ and these easy halloumi kebabs are the perfect BBQ food. Including mushrooms, red peppers and shallots they'll certainly make your BBQ a little healthier
- 250g halloumi - cubed
- 1 de-seeded and chopped red pepper
- 16 small peeled shallots
- 16 small mushrooms
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 x 28g pack fresh mint - chopped
- A few crushed chillies
- 8 metal skewers
If you're using wooden skewers soak them in cold water for 20 mins to stop them burning on the BBQ
- Spear the halloumi, red pepper, shallots and mushrooms onto the metal skewers - place on a large plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mint and chillies.
- Drizzle over the skewers, turn and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the barbecue or grill to medium-high and cook the skewers for 10 minutes, turning once, until the vegetables start to soften and char.
- Drizzle over the remaining marinade and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 258(kcal)
- Fat 23.6g
- Saturates 7.4g
- Sugars 3.5g
- Salt 0.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.