Leek, pea and smoked ham pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious pasta recipes is full of goodness and a great healthy choice for all the family - plus it'll only take you 35 minutes to whip up
- 50g (uncooked weight) pasta shapes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 40g frozen peas
- 2 baby leeks, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 slice smoked ham, chopped
- 50g soft cheese
- Parmesan shavings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetarians can leave out the ham and substitute it with 30g of vegetarian cheese
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water containing the vegetable stock cube, adding the frozen peas for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain and pour boiling water from the kettle over the pasta to rinse away the starch. Return the pasta to the pan.
- Heat a non-stick wok or large frying pan, add the leeks and garlic and dry-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the smoked ham and soft cheese and cook for a further minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss all the ingredients together. Season with black pepper and a little salt if required.
- Once the pasta is heated through, transfer to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with a few Parmesan shavings and serve immediately.