Broad bean and smoked ham pittas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Spruce up your lunchboxes or picnics by making these healthy broad bean and smoked ham pittas. Ready in just 10 mins, you can whip them up in the morning before you're head out
- 300g broad beans
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 50g smoked ham, cut into small strips
- Small bunch of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp virtually fat free fromage frais
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pitta breads, to serve
This summery salad filling is great served as an accompaniment to fish or meat
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the broad beans and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and slip from their skins, keeping the bright green beans.
- Heat a non stick frying pan, spray with the cooking spray and stir fry the onion, chilli and garlic for a few minutes, until softened and golden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the balsamic vinegar, ham, beans, mint, fromage frais and seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Warm the pitta breads in the oven or toaster. Spoon the ham and bean mixture into the pittas and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 205(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.