Mini fruit trifles
- 12 leaves of gelatine
- 300ml cordial, eg, raspberry and rose
- 2 x 275g strawberry Swiss rolls
- 150-200g raspberries
- 250g strawberries, sliced
- 500ml carton vanilla custard
- Squirty cream
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- 6-10 serving tumblers
Try making your own homemade custard for an extra special treat
- Place the gelatine, a sheet at a time, into a large bowl of cold water and leave it to soak until it softens. Squeeze the excess water out of the gelatine and place it in a jug. Pour over 200ml boiling water and stir until the gelatine dissolves. Add the cordial and 900ml water.
- Slice the Swiss rolls and place in the bottom of tumblers. Add about half the raspberries and strawberries to the tumblers. Pour the jelly mixture to half fill the tumblers, then place jellies in the fridge to set. Leave the jug of cordial mixture out of the fridge, so it doesn’t set. Arrange the rest of the fruit on top of the set jelly and pour over the remaining jelly. Setting the jelly in two stages ensures the fruit doesn’t all rise to the top. Return the tumblers to the fridge until set.
- Spoon some custard on each jelly. Just before serving, squirt some cream on top and scatter over a few red, white and blue sprinkles.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 223(kcal)
- Fat 0.2g
- Saturates 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.