Griddled prawns and avocado salad
- 100g bulgar wheat
- 4 thin spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives, stoned and chopped
- About 100g Piccolo cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 handfuls of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 handful of fresh dill sprigs
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g raw prawns
- Salt and ground black pepper
Roughly chop the herbs and add some mint leaves for extra freshness.
- Rinse the wheat. Put it in a bowl and cover with about 100ml (3½fl oz) boiling water and leave for 5-10 mins.
- Add the spring onions, olives, tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, sliced avocado and half the oil. Stir together gently.
- Coat the prawns in the rest of the oil and cook them for a few mins on a hot griddle (or hot wok or frying pan) until they turn pink all over.
- Divide the salad between 2 bowls, top with the prawns and season well.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 500(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.