Pasta salad with garlic and chilli dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This pasta salad with spinach and a simple garlic and chilli dressing only takes half an hour to whip up. Light and healthy, it's perfect for summery dinners outside
- 500g farfalle or spiral pasta
- 3 spring onions
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1kg spinach, stalks trimmed and leaves shredded
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 tsp sliced chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
This would be really nice the next day in lunchboxes, so cook up some extra and save it for a quick and easy lunch
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Allow to cool, then transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Trim the spring onions and thinly slice diagonally. Add to the pasta with the tomato, spinach, pine nuts and oregano.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, chilli, garlic and some salt and pepper in a small screw-top jar and shake well. Pour the dressing over the top of the salad and toss well to combine.