Warm radish, halloumi, potato and cherry tomato salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Colourful and deliciously warming, this salad has a great balance of flavours across the potatoes, the salty halloumi and the little bite of the radish and mustard. The whole family will love it!
- 200g new potatoes, sliced
- 150g mixed radishes, cut in half
- 100g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g halloumi sliced
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Small bunch of dill chopped
- Salt and pepper
Adding a slice or two of ham turns this into a more substantial dish that will satisfy those carnivores among your friends and family
- Place the new potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with cold water, and lightly salt. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the olive oil and vinegar, then add the Dijon mustard and dill.
- Add the new potatoes, radishes and cherry tomatoes to the dressing, mix and season well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized non-stick frying pan and cook the halloumi on both sides for 1 minute until golden brown.
- Add the halloumi to the salad and mix gently, then divide between 4 plates and serve immediately.