Courgette fritters with tomato and avocado salad
- 5tbsp self-raising flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large courgette, coarsely grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 heaped tbsp ricotta cheese
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 1 spring onion, trimmed and chopped
- A few basil leaves
- A little olive oil
Use thinly sliced cabbage if you do not have courgettes.
- Put the flour in a large bowl, season, beat in the egg, then stir in the courgette and onions. Lightly fold in the ricotta, leaving it a bit lumpy.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add 6 spoonfuls of batter mixture (or cook 3 at a time in half the oil). Cook for 2 mins each side, over a medium heat, until golden.
- To make the salad: Mix salad ingredients together, tearing in the basil leaves, then adding a dash of oil. Serve at once.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 471(kcal)
- Fat 34.0g
- Saturates 8.4g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.