Linguine with crab and mint
- 150g dried linguine or spaghetti
- 2tbsp good olive oil
- 2tbsp white breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 100g pot ready-prepared white crabmeat
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- About 12 mint leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls pea shoots
You can replace the crab with squid, scallops or tuna
- Cook the pasta, according to pack instructions, for 6-7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small frying pan, stir in the breadcrumbs, garlic and chilli flakes and cook briefly until golden. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, but keeping a little water in it, stir in the rest of the oil, then the crab, lemon zest and juice, snipped mint leaves and seasoning.
- Pile into bowls and then sprinkle with the garlic breadcrumbs and more mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil, if you like. Garnish with pea shoots.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 484(kcal)
- Fat 16.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.