Lemongrass and lime herby chicken kebabs
Cooking time:+30 minutes marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Give the classic chicken kebabs an Asian twist with lemongrass and lime, which are rich in Vitamin C. This healthy recipe from Weight Watchers means you won't miss out on the BBQ fun if you're on a diet
- 2bsp soy sauce
- 1 lemongrass stem, very finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of a lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 600g skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g dried easy-cook rice
- 4 lime wedges
- Coriander sprigs
You can buy prepared lemongrass in tubes or small jars, either alongside the fresh herbs or in the spice section at the supermarket. Refrigerate and keep for up to 6 weeks once opened.
- In a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lemongrass, lime zest and juice, garlic and chopped coriander.
- Add the chunks of chicken and season. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, soak eight wooden kebab sticks in hot water to prevent them from burning. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Preheat the grill to high. Thread the chicken pieces on to the soaked kebab sticks. Grill for 8–10 minutes, turning often. Make sure that the chicken is thoroughly cooked – there should be no trace of pink juices. Cook for a few minutes more, if necessary.
- Drain the rice and serve with the chicken kebabs, garnished with the lime wedges and coriander sprigs.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 393(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.