Cheesy chicken and bacon rolls
- 2 large skinless, boned chicken thighs
- About 30g (1oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 rashers rindless back bacon
- Salad, to serve
- 6 cocktail sticks
For a larger portion, use chicken breasts and split them.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Open out the chicken thighs and divide the cheese between them, then close them up again.
- Stretch the bacon rashers with the back of a knife and wrap a rasher of bacon around each parcel to hold it together. Push cocktail sticks through to secure it.
- Put the chicken rolls on an oiled baking tray and roast them for 20-25 mins.
- Remove the cocktail sticks. Slice the chicken rolls and serve them with salad, made with cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, shaved carrot and a vinaigrette dressing.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 204(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 0.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.