Peaches and custard pie
- 1/2 x 375g packet sweet pastry
- 415g can peach slices, drained
- 150ml carton double cream
- 1 medium egg
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 level tbsp caster sugar
- 24cm (91/2in) round enamel pie plate
Either peaches in syrup or fruit juice can be used for this recipe, just drain them well before using.
- Set the oven to 220°C/450°F/Gas Mark 7 and place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface and use to line the pie plate. Prick the pastry with a fork. Press the prongs of the fork around the edge of the pastry to pattern it. Chill the pastry for 10-15 mins.
- Arrange the peach slices on the pastry. Lightly whisk together the cream, egg, cornflour and sugar to make a custard and pour over the peach slices.
- Place the pie plate on the hot baking sheet in the oven, and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Bake the pie for 20- 30 mins, until the custard has just set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 255(kcal)
- Fat 17.5g
- Saturates 8.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.