Sticky chicken skewers
- 5tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp honey
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 handfuls of pea shoots
For the salad
- 4tbsps couscous
- 1 small red onion, peeled
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1tbsp chopped chives
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
Cut the chicken into strips rather than chunks and put on the skewers “concertina style”.
- Set the grill to medium-high. Mix the ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Thread the meat on to the skewers. Season, brush with oil, and brush with the sauce.
- Put the skewers on the grill pan, under the grill, and cook for 6-8 mins, turning them occasionally brushing with the sauce.
- To make the salad: Put the couscous in a bowl. Pour in 150ml boiling water and leave until the water is absorbed. Stir in the onion, pepper, chives and seasoning. Serve the skewers with the couscous salad and pea shoots.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 380(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.