Chicken, tomato and peach couscous salad
Cooking time:+ chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You might think the peach is a weird addition to this couscous salad but it brings a wonderfully fruity flavour. Filling and under 300 cals, this salad is a healthy lunch option
- 150ml hot chicken stock
- 100g dried couscous
- grated zest and juice of ½ a lemon
- 2tbsps chopped fresh coriander
- 1 peach, stoned and chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ green or yellow pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 175g cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, sliced into bite size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For a vegetarian option, you could use the same weight of cooked Quorn pieces instead of the chicken.
- In a large bowl, pour the hot chicken stock over the couscous, stir in the lemon zest and juice and 1 tablespoon of the coriander. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, transfer to a serving dish and leave to cool completely.
- When cool, stir in the chopped peach, tomatoes, spring onions and pepper and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the chicken (or pop it on top of the salad) and then scatter the remaining coriander over it.
- Chill until ready to use or transfer to a lunchbox and keep cool.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 277(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.