Chilli chicken and spinach masala
Prep time:Plus 2 hours to marinade
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This heartwarming dish is perfect dinner for all the family. Marinade the meat in the day and whip it up in an hour in the evening - perfect!
- 6 chicken thighs skinned and boned
- 1/2 thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-2 large green chillies finely diced or to taste
- 1/2 thumbsized piece of ginger grated
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 500ml carton tomato pasatta
- 200ml chicken stock
- 150g baby spinach
- 50ml natural yoghurt
If you can leave the meat to marinade for longer than 2 hours then it will only add to the taste!
- Quarter the chicken then place into a bowl along with the marinade ingredients, cover and leave for at least two hours.
- When you're ready to start cooking a few hours later, melt the butter then fry the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger for 5-6 mins. Add the spices and cook for a further 3 mins.
- Then add the chicken to the pan along with the pasatta and stock. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and cook for 40-50 mins.
- Add spinach 5 minutes before serving and stir until wilted.
- Add in the yoghurt and season to taste.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and serve with some basmati rice.