Lemon and raspberry trifles
If you make this recipe without the sponge fingers, it’s suitable for anyone with a wheat allergy too.
- 250g low-fat soft cheese
- 1 x 125 g carton low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- Finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 250g fresh or defrosted frozen raspberries
- 8 sponge fingers, broken into pieces
- Beat the soft cheese with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy, then stir in the yoghurt. Add 1tbsp caster sugar with the lemon zest and juice, mixing well.
- Put half the raspberries to one side, then purée the rest with a blender or simply mash them with a fork or potato masher. Stir them into the whole raspberries and add the rest of the caster sugar.
- Divide the sponge fingers between 4 serving glasses or ramekin dishes and spoon half the raspberry mixture on top. Now spoon the lemon mixture into the dishes and finish off with the rest of the raspberry mixture. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 188(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 3.5g
- Sugars 22.0g
- Salt 0.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.