White chocolate and cranberry brownies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A deliciously rich and decadent take on the traditional brownie. White chocolate chunks, juicy cranberries and macadamia nuts bring some lovely strong flavours to the mix
- 180g unsalted butter
- 180g dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 180g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 120g plain flour
- ¼tsp salt
- 100g white chocolate chunks
- 100g dried cranberries
- 100g macadamia nuts, chopped
Watching what you eat, but still fancy a chocolate treat? Try these delicious Weight Watchers brownies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, grease and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a bain marie or in the microwave.
- Sift the flour and salt together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the butter and chocolate mixture until thick and creamy.
- Stir in the flour then add the white chocolate, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into the lined brownie tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is cracked and the centre is just set. Leave to cool for 20 minutes then cut into squares.