Creamy bacon and mushroom pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This creamy bacon and mushroom pasta is the perfect quick and easy dinner as it's ready in just 20 minutes. Under 500 calories with a serving of mushrooms, it's a healthy option too
- 300g fusilli pasta twists
- 1tsp oil
- 4 rashers back bacon, cut into strips
- 75g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g peas (de-frosted)
- 120g soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 5tbsp milk
On a diet? Try one of these 150 family dinners all under 500 calories
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on pack. Whilst it is cooking, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the bacon and mushrooms until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the peas, soft cheese and milk, stir until the soft cheese melts and forms a creamy sauce.
- Drain the pasta, divide between 4 serving bowls and top with the sauce.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 414(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.