Quick pitta pizzas
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make quick pizzas in next to no time by using pitta breads for base. This handy recipe is ready in just 15 mins and is only 218 cals per serving
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads
- 4 tsp sun-dried or regular tomato puree
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 125g ball reduced-fat or light mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
Fancy adding some meat to your quick pitta pizza? Try some salami or pepperoni slices on top
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Place the pitta breads on a baking sheet.
- Spread 1 tsp of tomato puree onto each pitta, then top with the mushrooms, sliced tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with the mixed herbs and season with black pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 218(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.