Sweet potato pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick and simple pasta dish makes a great midweek supper. Meat-free and only 198 cals per serving, this healthy pasta dish also only costs 32p per serving - it's a winner all round!
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 300g pasta shapes
- 100g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 150g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 40g reduced fat Parmesan or mature cheese, finely grated
- Ground black pepper
You could use butternut squash as an alternative to sweet potato or add some more vegetables to count towards your 5-a-day
- Cook the sweet potato chunks in simmering water for 12-15 minutes, until tender. Drain well.
- Cook the pasta shapes in a large saucepan for 6-8 minutes, or according to pack instructions, until tender. Drain well then return to the saucepan.
- Stir the sweet potato chunks and frozen peas through the pasta. Add the milk and yogurt and heat gently for 1-2 minutes. Serve, sprinkled with the cheese and a little ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 198(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 10.0g
- Salt 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.