Tortilla cheese turnovers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The whole family will love these tortilla cheese turnovers, they're ready in just 15 minutes so make the perfect quick dinner when you're feeding hungry mouths!
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Ground black pepper
- 1tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 75g reduced fat mature cheese, grated
If you'd like to have some meat in the recipe, then add some cooked chicken just after you add the cheese
- First of all, make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, avocado and spring onions. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, then season the mixture with some pepper.
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with a few drops of vegetable oil. Place the pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add a tortilla to the pan and sprinkle one quarter of the cheese over the top. Heat for a few moments until the cheese starts to melt, then sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the salsa onto one half of the tortilla. Fold in half using a wooden spatula or a fish slice, then cook for another few seconds.
- Slide the cooked tortilla onto a serving plate and cut in half. Continue to cook the remaining tortillas in the same way.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 291(kcal)
- Fat 13.0g
- Saturates 5.0g
- Sugars 3.0g
- Salt 0.7g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.