Sticky roast chicken salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Ready in 35 minutes this sticky roast chicken salad is perfect for lunch or a light dinner and the protein in the chicken will leave you feeling full for ages.
IngredientsFor the sticky chicken:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
For the dressing:
- 3 medium red chillis, deseeded & finely chopped
- 2 tbsp nam pla (fish sauce)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp sugar
- Small handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
For the salad:
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ Chinese lettuce, finely shredded
This salad will be great cold in lunchboxes the next day, so cook up extra the night before
- Rub the chicken with the sweet chilli sauce and roast in the oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and crisp and sticky on the outside.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the salad ingredients to the dressing and toss well.
- When the chicken is cooked, slice finely and toss with the salad. Serve immediately. If you want to serve this as a cold salad, slice the chicken and leave to cool completely before adding to the salad.