Chocolate marshmallow sandwich biscuits
Cooking time:setting time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make these gooey chocolate marshmallow sandwich biscuits as a tea-time treat. Created by infamous chocolate shop Choccywoccydoodah, these tasty treats will put smiles on everyone's faces. This recipe makes 10 delicious biscuits and takes 25 mins overall. You can use rich tea biscuits or you can make your own biscuits instead, the choice is yours! Each biscuit is 'glued' together with a gooey, marshmallow filling and topped with melted chocolate. You could dust with sugar sprinkles or coconut pieces for an even tastier finish.
- 200g bag of pink and white marshmallows
- 60g chocolate drops
- 20 rich tea biscuits or make your own biscuits
- 150g milk chocolate
Check out our top tips for working with chocolate from the staff at Choccywoccy-doodah
- Divide bag of marshmallows into pink and whites, so there is roughly half of each.
- Chop one portion of marshmallows into small chunks, and heat the other marshmallows gently in microwave on low heat in short bursts until melted.
- Leave to cool just slightly, and then mix with small cubes of chopped up marshmallow and the chocolate drops.
- Use the goo to cement together the rich tea biscuits or your homemade biscuits, taking care to spread the filling right to the edge.
- Gently melt the milk chocolate, again in the microwave using short bursts of heat and stirring between.
- Pour melted chocolate over the biscuit sandwich and leave to set on a wire rack with cling film underneath to catch the drips.