Scrambled egg and tomato salsa wrap
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you fancy making a scrambled egg alternative these wraps are perfect. Great for lunch, brunch or a treat at picnics, follow along with Annabel Karmel in our easy step-by-step video to get your eggs perfect
Make sure your eggs are at room temperature before scrambling them
IngredientsFor the tomato salsa
- 1tsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Half small red chilli, diced
- 1tsp caster sugar
- Juice of half a lime
- Half tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp chives, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
For the scrambled eggs
- A knob of butter
- 4 eggs
- 3tbsp milk
- 2 small tortilla wraps
- 25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- To make the salsa, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Season well and chill whilst you make the scrambled eggs.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and season. Melt the butter in a small frying pan. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Stir over the heat until the eggs are scrambled to your liking. Remove from the heat.
- Warm the wraps in the microwave or in a dry frying pan. Put one wrap on a board. Spoon half of the eggs along one side. Top with the salsa and a sprinkle of cheese. Fold in the sides, then roll up and slice in half. Repeat with the remaining wrap.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.